Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pasta & bean soup

Photobucket

I whipped this simple soup up in a hurry. It's a miserable day outside and I'm tired today, partly because of the weather and partly because I'm just tired! So I needed something that was good, filling, warm, and easy.


This turned out to be all of the above.


I used:

5 slices bacon

1 small potato, diced

1 small carrot, diced

1 small onion, diced

2 cloves minced garlic

2 1/2 cups vegetable stock

about 2 cups water

1 1/2 cups small pasta (I used shells)

1 can Romano beans

1 tsp. thyme

salt & pepper to taste

Cook the bacon till done, a little crispy but do not over cook. Drain the fat, and add more oil to the pan. Cook the potato, carrot, onion, and, garlic until tender and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the veggies to your soup pot, you stock, your water, your bacon, beans, dried pasta, thyme, salt & pepper. Cook until the paste is tender, and the veggies are done.


I cooked this for about an hour because I left it cooking to go to the barn and was in the barn longer than I planned. The pasta was really cooked, but it all taste delicious and had thickened up a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment